Wrexham Swimming Club (WSC) is based at Waterworld in the centre of Wrexham in North Wales. This Welsh swimming club has been established for over a hundred years. The club currently has approximately 180 squad members. Training sessions take place every evening from 4.30 p.m. and most mornings from 5.30 a.m. Development groups are based at both Clywedog and Rhosnesni Schools and train there every evening. WSC has, for the past 17 years, hosted four open galas each year. These take place in March, May, June and November at Waterworld.
We are a competitive, inclusive swimming club that caters for all types of ability from junior level, skill development and performance level at Welsh and UK national level.
In 2019 we were excited to be awarded Swim Wales Performance Club status. This srhows the commitment by Swim Wales, Coaches and Committee to provide the best possible environment for ALL our swimmers and to help everyone achieve their own personal bests.
Position: Junior Development Coach
Level of Commitment: Part-Time - Up to 15hrs/week (more hours may become available as more pool time is accessed with the continued reopening of local facilities).
Salary: £11.82 per hour
Location: Wrexham (Multiple Locations)
Wrexham Swimming Club was founded in 1901 and over the past 15yrs has established itself as one of the top clubs in Wales, and is the Top Club in North Wales. We regularly compete at Local, Regional and Welsh National Level Open Meets, as well as local team galas and the National Swimming League (North West Premier). Over the past 4yrs the club has had swimmers competing at British Summer Championships and/or British Championships Level.
Wrexham Swimming Club has recently been appointed a Swim Wales Performance Club, providing an environment for Athletes to compete at the highest level nationally and beyond.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed Junior Development Coach with experience coaching young athletes to County & Regional Level and above. The successful candidate will continue to develop junior swimmers within the club pathway but will also lead a number of coaching sessions with our performance swimmers. There will also be an opportunity for the right candidate to be part of the Swim Wales Coach Development Pathway.
Wrexham Swimming Club is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all its swimmers and expects its coaches to share this commitment. Applicants must be prepared to undergo Child Protection Screening, including checks with past employers and DBS. References will be sought and verified at the short-listing stage as part of our safeguarding children procedures.
The successful candidate will:
• Hold a minimum of a UKCC Level 2 qualification.
• Have experience in coordinating junior and age-group swimmers and the development of such athletes to allow all individuals within a club to reach their full potential.
• Work closely alongside the Head Coach and Volunteer Coaches to continue to move our programme forward.
• Be responsible for the junior Squads’ journey from Local to Regional & National Level by leading a swim and land training programme that is technique and medley focused, whilst also developing the swimmers’ knowledge, mobility, enjoyment, and athleticism.
• Build a strong relationship with the Head Coach, Coaching Team, Athletes, Parents, Committee and Pool Management.
• Be required to work up to 15hrs a week, including non-poolside admin duties; and with the current situation this may include some online training, education and mentoring sessions.
• Attend competitions (financial allowance for meets will be provided).
• Provide cover for other coaches and coordinate meetings to support the Swimmers & Club where needed.
• Work early mornings, evenings and weekends as required.
• Ideally have knowledge of the Swim Wales Drill Progression Framework and Winning Behaviours, and the British Swimming OADF Model.
• Complete CPD training, both formal and informal, as directed by the Head Coach.
Applying for the position:
• Email Head Coach Craig Prime (email@example.com) for more information about the role
• Email CV Application & Cover Note to Club Secretary Emma Leatherbarrow (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Closing Date for applicants is 16th August 2021
• Interviews will take place from 23rd August 2021
• The successful applicant would take up the position asap.